Disto is an emulation of two different devices in one. It is designed by merging their features to get a single processing system.
It was designed taking inspiration from our rack of devices here: one pair of Distressors and one stereo FATSO Jr. by Empirical Labs.
A Mid/Side encoding/decoding matrix is added to the rack, which, thanks to independent controls, gives full access to Mid and Side processing.
The character of the rack is widely expanded, by offering a “Standard/Out of Order” selection. Standard mode has the character and headroom of the original modelled devices. Out of Order mode has a lot stronger effects for stronger processing.
Note: All textual, visual and aural references to the Distressor and the FATSO Jr (Empirical Labs’ products) and use of certain Empirical Labs’ trademarks are being made with written permission from Empirical Labs.
- Several compression modes.
- Knee compression.
- Several saturation modes.
- Warmth control. A special dynamic filter attenuates brightness for a “tape” style warming effect.
- Hottitude control. Set headroom and saturation independently from dynamic control.
- Output transformer option. A special saturation on low frequency range.
- Mid/Side matrix, with independent controls for Mid and Side.
- Original/Out of Order modes.
New v.2 available now!
- Sample aligned Dry-Mix control.
- New “Clean!” mode. A whole new model for faithful compression, from light to squashed.
- New Gain Reduction meters mapping. Zooming into first 10 dB.
- New Auto-Gain option! Engage it to make output gain controls match the original audio level.
- New preset sharing feature: copy settings from the plugin to the clipboard and back.
Download it from your user area as VST for Windows 32/64 bit and VST/AU for Mac 32/64 bit.
Now available as AAX
32/64 bit for Avid Pro Tools.
All the details about the new v.2 in this blog post.